TAKING RISKS AND FACING OUR FEARS
Often times, we mistakenly think that the pursuit of a great image is all about perfection. What we forget is that sometimes the very best of life is tucked away inside moments of imperfection. This is especially true when photographing children. Children are true explorers. They lack the self imposed boundaries that we place on ourselves. Because of this, while photographing children, it is important to step outside of traditional notions of perfect photography and into the idea of becoming explorers ourselves.
In this two week class, award-winning photographer, Dana Pugh, will talk about stepping outside of your comfort zone and learning to embrace taking risks in your work. She will talk about how this has set her apart from her competition by consistently expanding her skill set and confidence level. You will be encouraged to make mistakes and take calculated risks to try and create photographs outside of your comfort zone. Dana will walk you through her process of dissecting how to achieve an image she has in her mind and show you how she decides on the gear and the technique to get her there. She will also tackle simple fears that require little gear, but will help you gain confidence as a photographer.
Topics covered in this class will include:
- becoming a 'thinking photographer'
- learning to embrace your gear
- shooting in the dark
- embracing inclement weather
- the process Dana followed to begin shooting underwater
- her complete gear list(not just photography gear, but clothing, etc)
- exploring your own photographic fears and finding ways to work through them
- the importance of embracing self-critique as a learning tool
There will be assignments and individual critique for all active participants. Dana will make herself available daily during the class to support your own process. A PDF guide will be made available for participants after the class, as well, all active members will be invited to join a private Facebook group to continue the conversation and exploration.
ALL THE DETAILS:
1. This 2-week workshop will run from February 22nd - March 6th, 2016.
2. 20 active seats are available at $200.00USD.
3. 20 silent seats are available at $150.00USD per seat. Silent seats are read-along only. They will be able to view all the workshop material but cannot post inside the workshop section, email Dana and get cc on their homework. A separate section will be available where silent students can interact with each other and post assignments if they choose. Silent students will receive the PDF at the conclusion of the class with the information from the workshop.
4. The private workshop information will be available for one month after the workshop ends.
5. This is an online workshop and students work at their own pace within the allotted workshop dates.
6. Registration is now open on a first come first serve basis. You do not have to be a member of The Bloom Forum to register for the class, but YOU WILL HAVE TO BE a member to PARTICIPATE. So, to be clear, if you are not currently a member you will have to register before the class begins to participate. Thanks ;)
To sign up for an active seat, CLICK HERE
To sign up for a silent seat, CLICK HERE
1. Once you register your PayPal receipt will act as your confirmation to the workshop.
2. If your Paypal email address is not your daily contact email, please contact Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know. The only email she will have on file is your Paypal one and that will be the one she will use to contact you unless otherwise noted.
3. No refunds are given once a seat is purchased, however, you can sell your seat on your own.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the workshop, please email Dana directly at email@example.com. For all other emails, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.