So, I have some news.
Life throws you curve balls and sometimes you just have to go with it.
For almost a year, we here in Pughville have been planning a cross Canada trek. The plan was to take the month of July and go east from Calgary--hopefully, all the way to the Maritimes which is a bucket list trip for me. Then, the first week in January, everything in our lives came to a screeching halt. True story.
The company my husband worked for suddenly found themselves closing their doors. It was completely unexpected. Luckily for us, my husband has quickly found a new job(Calgary is nothing if not a prosperous place for engineers), but what it does mean is that we will not be taking our trip as planned.
Now, we will find a couple of weeks in our schedule to go somewhere, but right now, we just don't know where that will be. I did have a list of people who were hoping to have me photograph their families while we were on our trek...and I feel awful having to let some of them down. I have decided that...since most of them are in the Toronto area...I will make the trek to Toronto in early July by myself. Right now, I am planning to arrive on the 4th and stay through to the 10th. I will take 5-6 sessions while I am there. Priority will go to the people who are already on my list. These travel sessions will cost $2000(+gst) and will include my time to capture, as well as, the complete set of digital files. Additional things can be added to the travel package, but this will be the base. A $500 nonrefundable deposit will be required to reserve your spot.
If you have inquired about a session with me somewhere across Canada this summer, I will be sending you an email shortly detailing this change and giving you the first opportunity to book in Toronto(and area--I know Muskoka is on the list). If you live in the Toronto area and are interested in a session with me during that time period, please email and get on the list. Priority will be given in order of contact. Finally, if you are a photographer who is interested in mentoring, I would be open to half day sessions while I am there as well.
Thanks for understanding. The good news is maybe I'll get to go to a tropical destination this year after all now! The lock on my backdoor froze shut yesterday. It got me thinking that it might be nice to go sit on a beach somewhere.
~ Dana :)
PS--I will be in Vancouver at some point this summer as well(and all points on the road from Calgary). I just haven't firmed up those dates yet. If you are from the area and would like a session or mentor session with me, please contact me to get on the wait list. Thanks.